Saturday, March 26, 2011

The little ones...


The team has been sharing their hearts regarding our recent trip to Zeway and as I have gone back and read them, I feel like I'm transported back every time. I love reading how other people felt and what happened within their hearts.

I've been thinking about the hearts here in Austin. Specifically, the hearts of the children of Grace.

I returned home from Africa to this beautiful drawing made by my daughter Mandy. On my birthday card she wrote "Mama, I love you more than you love Africa". When we said nighttime prayers with my 4 year old Loralee and after we said "Amen" she said "and Jesus, please take care of the orphans".

I have heard story upon story since returning from parents about their children wanting to help these orphans. I've had parents give me money that their little ones have saved and wanted to give to the orphans. Children have pictures on their bedside of the orphans. Families have their refrigerators covered with pictures of these orphans. The list goes on and on.

In Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Move forward just a few chapters to Matthew 25:40, "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' God is stirring in the hearts of the children here and they are living out God's word!

It's a beautiful, beautiful thing.

No comments: