Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
We have received our quarterly report from Dawit and his team in Zeway, and we needed to share some of the highlights with you. Please read them to see how God is moving mightily and how you can specifically pray to Him for these orphans.
Important Updates and Praises:
- 47 orphans are currently fully covered by the program and more are being added, with a broad census of the region to occur next quarter.
- Housing was provided to 10 of them including Ibsa and Cherenet.
- 5 new missionaries (called “holistic transformational development agents”!) we are funding received 15 days of training and were sent into rural areas around Zeway.
- 46 local community leaders (see picture below) were trained on the needs of the orphan-led household, after which participants pledged to help identify and support these orphans.
- The Zeway social workers held a special day of prayer for Grace Covenant Church after Dawit returned from Austin.
- Our mission team of 5 (John and Dawn Patterson, Heather Bauer, Matt Kouri, and Rachael Moise from Austin Stone) is almost ready to go to Zeway for 10 days on July 5th. Praise God for providing the funds we needed! Please pray for our continued preparation.
Specific Prayer Requests:
- Lidia, a 12-year old, recently got very sick and when FH went to take her to the hospital, she refused and said she wanted to stay home and die. She has become hopeless and needs the hope only Christ can provide.
- 7 of the 47 children are regularly attending a Christian church (praise God for that); please pray for the other 40, most of whom are Muslim.
- Ibsa is still lonely and somewhat hopeless in that he lives alone still.
- Cherenet’s sister Kidist lives in the country as a laborer and he is concerned with her and wants to be reunited.
- Amanu and Muktar both need new homes.
- Pray for the older girls in the program who seem to be seeking unhealthy relationships as their way out.
Trusting in Him,
The Zeway Action Team